Mike Counsil Plumbing and Rooter, and all of our family of employees, would like you to know that our thoughts are with you who have been affected by, and struggling with, COVID-19 locally and around the world. We are closely evaluating the situation on a daily bases and monitoring the (CDC) for current information on UPDATED protocol in an effort to provide safe and healthy service to the community. You can count on Mike Counsil Plumbing and Rooter to keep you safe! Mike Counsil Plumbing has implemented the following Social Distancing Protocol that is distributed and followed by all employees at Mike Counsil Plumbing and Rooter. It is our mission to provide Safe and Controlled Plumbing Service to all that need it in this time of uncertainty.
Mike Counsil Plumbing COVID-19 Mitigation Protocol – Social Distancing Protocol
Date: March 12. 2020
Updated: March 16. 2020
Updated: March 20. 2020 (Field Safety Details)
Updated: March: 26.2020 (Respiratory (face mask) PPE requirements under Field Safety Details)
Updated: March 27.2020 (Extensive Updates)
Updated: March 31.2020 (Included time frames when allowed at shop on permitted days)
Updated: April 1.2020: To comply with County of Santa Clara Public Health Department Updated Order on March 31.2020.
To all MCP EMPLOYEES:
Effective immediately, for the health and safety of all employees, we are implementing these COVID-19 mitigation company protocols:
• A copy of this protocol will be provided to each employee
• Messages, announcements and safety updates will be communicated through mass text messaging, Evernote application (Announcements/Message Board Notebook) and posted at the entrances of our building. Your understanding and adherence are required. If uncertain about any of the following contact a manager for clarification.
• Since the incubation period can be up to 14 days for the virus (where an individual is not showing any symptoms), one must assume that every single individual is infected with COVID-19 and follow the necessary precautions as such:
• Mandatory to keep 6 feet of space between you and another individual ALWAYS per the CDC’s safe social distancing recommendations.
• Refer to our “Health and Safety Script (COVID -19)” for necessary verbal dialogue for CCR’s that are booking calls on the phone and field team members when greeting clients at the front door of their home.
• Wash your hands with soap and water as frequently as possible for a minimum of 20 seconds.
• Use a hand sanitizer (60% alcohol or greater) when soap and water is not readily available
• NEVER TOUCH ANY PART OF YOUR FACE WITH YOUR HANDS
• If you are sick or any member of your family is sick, we highly recommend to not return to work until you are fully recovered. We will be following the CDC guidelines for employees who become sick.
Please refer to CDC’s recommended strategy for employers:
Actively encourage sick employees to stay home:
• Employees who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness are recommended to stay home and not come to work until they are free of fever (100.4° F [37.8° C] or greater using an oral thermometer), signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. cough suppressants). Employees should notify their supervisor and stay home if they are sick
• Field Team members including technicians, installers and apprentices are only allowed in the warehouse and warehouse bathroom on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 7:30 am – 8:30 am. No other days or time frames are permitted. These days will be referred to as “Green Days.”
• Locations that are not permitted (anytime) include, but not limited to, the laundry room, laundry room bathroom, compliance office, break room, dispatch, call center, general manager’s office, all locations upstairs and the training room.
• Laundry service will no longer be provided until further notice. Field team members are to launder white shirts and crawl suits at their own home.
• The company will not be providing food or breakfast of any kind.
• Cups, paper plates, plasticware, silverware or kitchen utensils of any kind will no longer be provided.
• Black coffee will no longer be provided
• Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays, Field Personnel will be dispatched directly from home. Some employees may need to come to the shop that have been approved by management.
• Field team members are not allowed ANYWHERE ON MCP’S OR RIVERS EDGE BUSINESS PARK PREMISES on Mondays, Wednesdays or Saturdays. These will be referred to as “Red Days.”
• Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday trainings are postponed until further notice.
• All field personnel will be allowed to enter the warehouse & warehouse bathroom only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 7:30 am – 8:30 am. These days will be referred to as “Green Days.”
• No other days or time frames are permitted. (same days as on-site mobile fueling) for the following reasons:
2. Check out company tools
3.Retrieve paperwork from temporary cubby box inside of warehouse.
4.Using the bathroom (warehouse bathroom only.) Limit of 5 minutes inside bathroom.
• Hand sanitizer will be provided upon entrance to the building
• Inside the warehouse & warehouse bathroom, there will be a maximum of 7 persons at one time. (4 people in the warehouse,1 in the bathroom, 1 distributing PPE in the cage and 1 Field Supervisor or equivalent monitoring and enforcing this activity.
• 6 feet of social distancing will clearly be marked by X’s on the floor. It is mandatory to stand on an X when inside the warehouse.
• All discussions and conversations with dispatch, call center, accounting and other office team members are to be done via phone.
• There will be no congregating inside the building at any time. Conversations and discussions are to be had outside.
• Equipment swaps will be permitted in the field. Both distributor and receiver must disinfect/sanitize equipment after and before using it. A text must be sent to Gus, our Equipment Coordinator, to coordinate hand-off. If a text message is not sent to the Equipment Coordinator, the last personnel who it was signed out to is responsible. (See equipment policy.)
Timecards & Clocking In:
• To field employees using timecards: Punching in using your timecards will not be required at this time. Clock-ins and 10’s sent to Dispatch will now be used as reference to process your paychecks.
• Green Days (Tue|Thur|Fri): You are permitted to come to the shop and clock in (available-on) as early as 7:30 a.m. and Departing (10-5) no later than 8:30 a.m.
• You will be dispatched to your first job (ongoing or new call) by 8:00am
• Red Days (Mon|Wed|Sat): Clock in(available-on) when you arrive to your first work related destination, i.e. the client’s house or a supply house. You will also send your arrival notification (10-7) at that same time.
• Red Days: for technicians, installers and apprentices that have not been dispatched by 8:00 a.m.,they are permitted to clock in (available-on) at 8:00 a.m. This needs to be a text message to dispatch. They will be (available-on) from 8:00 a.m. If dispatched to a call/jobsite (commute time will be deducted from timecard.) Time will restart upon arrival to your first work related destination, i.e. the client’s house or a supply house. You will also send your arrival notification (10-7) at that same time.
• As normal policy, if an employee services are not needed by 12:00 p.m., they will likely be instructed to clock out for the day (available-off) and will be compensated 4 hours of “show-up/readily available time.”
Turning In & Handling Paperwork Details:
• Only permitted on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. This includes contracts, change orders, receipts for material purchases, financing paperwork, Daily performance chart, etc. from 7:30 am – 8:30 am. No other days or time frames are permitted.
• Initials from techs on Daily Performance Charts are not required until further notice.
• There will be a table with a receivable container in the warehouse next to the temporary cubby boxes. You are to place all paperwork in the receivable container.
• Text the call center phone @ (408-691-0879) the day before if you need more service portfolios w/ contracts or change orders. Let them know how many of each you need, and they will be placed in your cubby in the warehouse. Note: a maximum of 10 service portfolios w/ contracts at once will fit in your cubby if you have no other paperwork inside it.
Office Safety Details:
• The sharing of workstations/terminals are strictly prohibited
• Any office employee handling HIC’s/Invoices needs to wear protective gloves and dispose of them accordingly.
• Gloves must be removed immediately after handling any paperwork from the field. You are not allowed to touch another object before removing gloves.
• Wearing gloves DOES NOT make it safe to touch your face. Same rules apply: NEVER TOUCH YOUR FACE
• Disinfect/sanitize credit card terminal after every use.
• Meetings and performance reviews will be conducted through web video conference applications such as Microsoft Teams or Zoom.
Field Safety Details:
• Must wear company provided respiratory PPE (a face mask) any time you’re interacting with a client or when you’re inside their home. We are not requiring a specific type currently.
• If wearing reusable respiratory PPE, you must clean it daily by one of the following methods: soap and warm water, 60% or greater rubbing alcohol or bleach/water mix of 2 tablespoons bleach per 1 quart of water.
• At first greeting with the client at the door it is mandatory to ask: “Are you or anyone living in the residence currently sick or showing any symptoms of illness?”
• If the client’s reply is NO: Follow up with, “We’re happy to hear that, Thank you.” And continue with the regular script.
• If the client’s reply is YES: Follow up with, “We’re sorry to hear that, unfortunately you will need to call us back to reschedule your appointment once all family members have been symptom free and fully recovered for a period of 24 hours.”
• Inform the client that we must always maintain 6’ ft of distancing between them and yourself.
• Never shake the hand of the client. Never touch the client. This same rule applies for your co-workers.
• Only 1 company Representative can go inside the home during the diagnostics phase. If there is more than 1 person on the service call, all but 1 individual is to wait outside during the diagnostics. The other person is allowed to come in once physical plumbing work commences.
• 6′ ft. social distancing is required between employees wherever possible when working.
• It is required to perform all paperwork (such as writing contracts or change orders inside of your service truck.) NOT in the client’s home.
• The sharing of pens or any writing instruments are strictly prohibited. This includes with the client. Client must use their own pen to authorize any paperwork
• The sharing of tools, of any kind are strictly prohibited, unless the tools are sanitized and disinfected between user.
• Latex/surgical gloves must always be worn inside client’s home and must be changed out and safely disposed of at the end of a specific task. Example of this: clean pair for greeting and diagnostics, clean pair for writing up paperwork, clean pair for performing a physical working task.
• Wearing gloves DOES NOT make it safe to touch your face. Same rules apply: NEVER TOUCH YOUR FACE
• Sterilize and thoroughly clean surfaces and working area at the end of the job. Remove and dispose of latex/surgical gloves immediately after this task
These guidelines may be updated to keep all MCP employees and our clients safe and protected.