Superior Pipe Maintenance Services in San Jose, CA
Mike Counsil Plumbing and Rooter is proud to offer a full range of plumbing services to San Jose, CA residents. Leak detection, re-piping, and other pipe maintenance tasks are specialties of ours. As a family-owned company, we emphasize customer service. But we also have the resources of a much larger company, enabling us to respond promptly to urgent calls. We prioritize your comfort and work hard to deliver on our promise of excellent pipe maintenance services. The next time you have an issue with your plumbing, place your trust in our expert technicians. They’ll get to the bottom of it.
Our Pipe Management Services
Your home contains a complex network of crisscrossing pipes, and we know every inch of them. Our knowledge of piping systems allows us to diagnose problems accurately and quickly. Most importantly, we understand the differences between various pipe materials, which helps us implement solutions. From PEX water supply pipes to steel sewer lines, our technicians can provide repairs and replacements. Expertise is crucial because making mistakes in any one area can cause your entire water supply to malfunction. We have the experience to deliver excellence in our three major areas:
- Leak Detection and Repairs: We provide valuable leak detection services to our customers. Detecting leaks is sometimes easy – a busted pipe under the sink, for instance. But sometimes the pipes under the surface break. We can determine where the leak is and provide the necessary repairs. You can do your part too. Check exposed pipes for discoloration, stains, flaking, or corrosion.
- Water Line Repairs: Waterline problems are the number one cause of water loss. We know how to find the problem and repair the waterline. Water lines are underground and outside, so you’ll need a professional to tackle the problem. We excavate carefully to avoid property damage and put everything back where we found it once we repair or replace it.
- Main Shut Off Options: Memorize your water shut off valve location and check whether it’s operable. If it isn’t, contact us immediately. You need this valve in the event of a significant plumbing emergency. We can repair the main shut off valve and ensure you can turn off your water supply if a pipe bursts.
How to Keep Your Plumbing System Operating Smoothly
There are plenty of things you can do to ensure your pipes hold up. Planning and prevention are essential. At Mike Counsil Plumbing and Rooter, we want to help our customers avoid headaches and urgent repairs. Your pipes require a little love to remain functional. Here’s what you can do:
Be Proactive with Clogs
Never pour grease down a drain and keep as many food particles out as possible. It’s not possible to keep every piece of food from entering your pipes. What you can do is minimize it. We recommend removing buildups before they get out of control with store-bought drain cleaner.
Don’t Overtax Your Garbage Disposal
While they can handle most foods, disposals cannot break down fibrous materials like salads or stringy food wastes. You need to toss these items in the garbage. Always run cold water for at least 15 seconds before running the garbage disposal, which ensures the food waste flushes.
Be Smart with Your Dishwasher
Always run the dishwasher at night to conserve hot water and save water pressure for the daytime hours. Doing so will ensure your overall system functions as it should when you need it to do so.
Take Care of Your Shower Drains
Purchase a screen to cover your shower drain. This will keep hair from circling the drain and clogging the system. Also, try to reduce your use of bath oils, as they do not always flush thoroughly.
Make Sure You Use Safe Products
Many store-bought chemical clog products will corrode your pipes. They might take care of your clog issue, but they have long-term impacts. Instead, use other methods to fix clogs, including plungers.
Perform Weekly Maintenance
Check for leaks under your sinks and in the basement. Test sinks and shower drains to ensure they drain correctly. Turn on the faucets to check whether the water comes out of the handles. Clean your link traps on your washing machine. Doing these steps will ensure a smoothly-functioning home.
Contact Us Today for Excellent Customer Service
Mike Counsil Plumbing and Rooter is proud to offer a broad range of services to our customers. When it comes to pipes, its better safe than sorry. If you think you have a problem, you probably do. Fortunately, we can help you unclog your pipes, repair cracks, and restore functionality to your home. If you’re having any trouble with your pipes, don’t hesitate to contact us immediately.
CALL US WHEN THESE SIGNS SHOW UP AT YOUR HOME
- Does low water pressure have you frustrated?
- Is your home 40 years or older?
- Interested in preventing a sudden pipe burst before it becomes a financial nightmare?
Water Line Repairs
- Water Damage: stains or discoloration of walls, ceilings or floors?
- Leaky or dripping pipes?
- Has your water bill drastically increased?
Main Shut Off Replacement
- Pooling water or damp spots in your yard or under your home?
- Is your main water emergency shut off valve functioning?
- Are your pipes, fixtures and appliances failing prematurely, caused from undo stress?