8 Reasons to Schedule Water Heater Maintenance
Everyone loves a steamy hot shower, but this rejuvenating experience can quickly turn unpleasant if your water heater suddenly goes cold. Water heater maintenance is essential for preventing this scenario, not to mention enjoying several other benefits. Here are eight compelling reasons to keep your water heater in tip-top shape.
- Ensure a consistent and reliable hot water supply: You need hot water to cook, clean, shower, and perform other household tasks. Regular hot water heater maintenance is your best bet to prevent unfortunate surprises, like a hot shower abruptly turning ice-cold. A well-maintained water heater delivers a steady hot water supply, making daily life more comfortable.
- Extend your water heater’s lifespan: Most storage tank water heaters last eight to 12 years. Like all appliances, your water heater requires routine maintenance to function smoothly over its expected lifespan. Regularly checking on and flushing your water heater can even prolong its life, saving you the cost of a premature replacement.
- Reduce your energy bills: A neglected water heater consumes more energy. Sediment buildup inside the tank forces the appliance to work harder, resulting in higher energy consumption. Preventative maintenance on your hot water heater keeps your utility bills in check.
- Prevent leaks and water damage: A malfunctioning, leaky water heater can cause extensive property damage. Regular inspections allow you to detect minor issues before they become major problems, sparing you from expensive repairs and water damage.
- Protect your health: The warm, humid environment inside a water heater tank can become a breeding ground for harmful microorganisms if the temperature is set too low. Old hoses and other components can also degrade, introducing unwanted particles and chemicals into the water. Routine water heater maintenance helps your water supply remain clean and safe, protecting your family’s health.
- Improve safety: Water heaters feature safety devices that require annual testing to ensure proper function. The temperature and pressure relief valve is an example of this. Regular maintenance identifies and resolves hidden issues, improving the safety of your home.
- Maintain warranty coverage: Many water heater warranties stipulate regular maintenance as a requirement for upholding coverage. Skipping this important step could void your warranty, leaving you fully responsible if something goes wrong with your appliance.
- Boost home value: If you’re planning to sell your home soon, a well-maintained water heater demonstrates that you’ve taken care of the property. Buyers prefer well-maintained homes and may agree to a higher asking price if you can show proof that you’ve maintained your appliances over the years, including the water heater.
Schedule Water Heater Maintenance
Mike Counsil Plumbing has over 25 years of experience ensuring the comfort and safety of families across San Jose, Mountain View, and the surrounding South Bay area. Our licensed professionals are highly skilled and experienced in performing all aspects of water heater maintenance. We’re proud of our top-quality service, quick response times, and attention to detail. Don’t let a cold shower catch you by surprise—call Mike Counsil Plumbing at 408-916-1226 today to schedule your next water heater maintenance visit.