Most people only see the plumber when something terrible is happening that warrants emergency plumbing services. That’s really a shame, if you think about it. While your friendly plumbers are happy to come help you when your water heater floods your house, your toilet overflows, or your sewer system backs up into your bathroom, they also offer many other types of plumbing services, in times of far less stress and panic. What else can your plumber do for you? Read on to learn more.
- Plumbers repair leaks before they become catastrophes. A leaky faucet is annoying, but it can quickly become more than that. Unrepaired leaks can send your water bill soaring, and if the water leaks somewhere it shouldn’t, like under your sink or into your wall or floor, you could end up with significant water damage and sometimes even dangerous mold. Your plumber can easily determine the cause of a leak, whether it’s a damaged seal, a broken pipe, a corroded fixture, or something else, and make the necessary repairs.
- Did you know that water heaters require maintenance? Most people don’t really think about their water heaters until there is a problem, but the truth is, water heaters should be flushed once or twice a year, and have some simple maintenance tasks performed. From checking the pressure relief valve to changing the anode rod, your plumber knows how to keep your water heater in good shape.
- Plumbing system inspection and maintenance can save you from hassles in the future. Some plumbing problems start off subtly, and homeowners don’t even notice them until they’re a major issue. When you have regular inspections and maintenance from a professional plumber, you’ll save time and money in the long run because these problems will be caught and rectified sooner. Plumbers provide maintenance that can increase the lifespan of your pipes and plumbing system.
- When a plumber cleans your drain, it stays clean for a long time. Have you heard of hydro jetting? It’s an amazing technique plumbers use to blast debris out of your pipes with high water pressure. If your drains seem even a little bit slow, call your plumber and see if hydro jetting is a good solution. Once the drains are clean, it only takes minor maintenance to keep them running smoothly. What’s more, staying on top of clogged pipes means you’re much less likely to face plumbing emergencies down the road.
- Your plumber can repair or replace your garbage disposal. You might think of garbage disposals as a DIY task, but why? A plumber can easily and safely determine whether your garbage disposal needs repair or replacement and then handle all the necessary tasks.
- Plumbers can help with gas lines as well as sewer lines. Installing and repairing gas pipes, detecting gas leaks, and even installing and repairing gas appliances are all services a plumber can provide. It’s much better to contact a professional plumber for this kind of service than your local handyman, because plumbers are trained and certified to handle these jobs safely.
No matter what plumbing problem you’re facing, you can count on Mike Counsil Plumbing and Rooter to provide stellar plumbing services with a smile. Since 1994, we’ve served San Jose, California, and the South Bay Area, building a reputation on excellent service and a 100 percent satisfaction rate. Our family-owned and -operated company is committed to exceeding our clients’ expectations, and our staff is kept up to date on all the latest advances in the industry. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, we’re available to take care of plumbing issues that can’t wait. Call 408.705.4820 or contact us through our website to learn more.